iEARN Egypt Students' Board
Local Youth Representative (LYR)
- Monitoring the work of the teams, receiving their reports and raising them to the country coordinator (CC).
- Representing students' ideas and points of view and discussing their needs and problems with the country coordinator.
- Helping the CC with contacting the students and finding new active students to give them new opportunities to be more active and creative.
- Work with the iEARN Youth Representative in the Assembly to represent the ideas of Egyptian students.
- Co-ordination of National Initiatives with International Partners
- Coordinate between the whole SBoard Teams and LYR
- Help LYR in facilitating Teams Work
- Responsible for Enhancement Team
- Replace the LYR in any events when the LYR can’t attend
This team consists of a mentor for each of SBoard Teams. The LYR Vice is considered the head of the Enhancement Team.
- Projects Mentor
- IT Mentor
- Magazine and Documentary teams Mentor
- Fundraising & PR Mentor
- Alumni Mentor
General Tasks of Mentors
- S/he will be assessing the progress of the team responsible for.
- S/he is part of the team; s/he is assessing and may work with them.
- S/he states if the team needs training or any tools to develop the overall progress of the team.
- S/he consults the team members
- Prepare a report every 3 months about the overall process of the team and if it needs any backup, trainings, etc.
Specific Tasks of Mentors
- Coordinating between the projects team leaders
- Consulting the team leaders if they need any help with the process of project facilitation.
Magazine and Documentary Teams Mentor
- Coordinating with Magazine and Documentary Team Leaders
- Consulting the Leaders of the two teams
- Facilitating cooperation with other iEARN Alumni groups internationally.
- Reporting different Alumni events and training programs to the LYR.
- Organizing Alumni participation with iEARN Egypt and the CC.
- Developing Alumni forum to be a virtual notebook
- Developing an Alumni website to be a rich source for alumni to learn and develop their skills
- Encouraging Alumni to have their own initiative and make positive change to their communities
Each project team is responsible for:
- Helping students to have new creative ideas for their projects
- Applying the guidelines of the projects and following up how they are carried out
- Facilitating school-to-school cooperation locally and internationally
- Monitoring the students participation on the forums
- Helping students to use IT in the projects
- Developing IT training programs for students and Alumni
- Working with the CC on finding any possible chances\opportunities for students and alumni with other organizations
- Working with the Media and PR team on the technical part of the preparation of any event
- Maintenance of iEARN Egpyt Magazine “iEXPRESS”
- Creating new ideas for the magazine
- Searching for writers and international contributors for the magazine
- Preparing printable issues of the magazine
- Collecting articles, news and information concerning iEARN Egypt from press and media. (Future & past).
- Reporting different events and conferences to the LYR.
- Helping with the preparation and organization of logistics of iEARN Egypt conferences and events.
- Preparing PR materials.
- Creating new ideas for different new events according to the need. (Seminars, recognition events, celebrations...)
Fundraising & PR
- Creating a database with funders for iEARN Egypt
- Creating a fundraising strategy for the upcoming years in iEARN Egypt
- Coordinating with other teams regarding any proposed events in means of financial capability
- Contacting press and inviting them to iEARN Egypt events and public figures
- Preparing a list of VIPs who will be invited to our events
- Preparing a list of Organization that iEARN Egypt want to cooperate with
- Propagating our network among other organization
- Attending any booths for iEARN Egypt in the events
Students Board Contacts